| Monographs | Journal
Articles and Notes | Book Reviews | Miscellaneous
Articles and Reports
- The State Against Blacks,
(New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1982).
- America: A Minority Viewpoint,
(Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 1982).
- All It Takes Is Guts, (Washington,
D. C.: Regnery-Gateway, 1987).
- South Africa's War Against Capitalism,
(New York: Praeger Publishers, 1989).
- South Africa's War Against Capitalism,
(Cape Town, South Africa: Juta Publishers, Ltd., 1990) revised edition.
- Do The Right Thing: The People's
Economist Speaks, (Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 1995).
- More Liberty Means Less Government,
(Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 1999).
- Liberty Versus the Tyranny of Socialism, (Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 2008).
- Up from the Projects: An Autobiography, (Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 2010).
- Race and Economics: How Much Can Be Blamed on Discrimination? (Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 2011).
- American Contempt for Liberty (Stanford: Hoover Institution Press, 2015).
Return to Top
- "Political Decentralization," American
Economic Review (May, 1971), pp. 465-67.
- "Why the Poor Pay More: An Alternative Explanation," Social
Science Quarterly (September, 1973), pp. 372-79.
- "Some Hard Questions on Minority Businesses," Negro
Educational Review (April/July, 1974), pp. 123-42.
- "Racial Price Discrimination: A Note," Economic
Inquiry (January, 1977), pp. 147-50.
- "Racial Price Discrimination: A Further Note," Economic
Inquiry (July, 1978), p. 457.
- "Government Sanctioned Restraints that Reduce Economic Opportunities for
Minorities," Policy Review
(Fall, 1977), pp. 1-24. A revised reprint was published by Policy
Review. (July, 1978).
- "Legal Restriction on Black Progress," Howard
University Law Journal (January, 1978), pp. 47-71.
- "Higher Education and Minority Opportunities," Howard
Law Journal Vol. 21, No.2, 1978, pp. 545-557.
- "Tuition Tax Credits: Other Benefits," Policy
Review (Spring, 1978), pp. 58-89.
- "Racism and Organized Labor," Lincoln
Review (Spring, 1979), pp. 25-34.
- "Freedom to Contract: Blacks and Labor Organizations: in Black
America and Organized Labor: A Fair Deal with Laurin A. Smith and Wendall
W. Gunn (Washington, D. C.: Lincoln Institute, 1980).
- “Freedom to Contract: Blacks and Labor Organizations,” Government Union Review (Summer 1981), pp. 28-47.
- "Male-Female Earnings Differentials: A Critical Reappraisal," with Walter Block in The Journal of Labor Research Vol. II, No. 2, pp. 385-88 (Fall, 1981).
- "On Discrimination, Prejudice, and Racial Income Differentials, and Affirmative Action," in Discrimination, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity, ed., by Walter Block and Michael Walker (Vancouver, B. C.: The Fraser Institute, 1982) pp. 68-99.
- “The Minimum Wage and the Davis-Bacon Act: Comment,” Journal of Labor Research (Fall 1982), pp. 408-410.
- "Minimum Wage - Maximum Folly and Demagoguery" in The
Journal/The Institute for Socioeconomic Studies (Winter, 1983), pp.
- A Symposium: "Is Supply-Side Economics Dead?" in The
American Spectator (November, 1983), p. 22.
- "Which Way America-Left or Right?" in Economics
83/84 ed. by Reuben Slesinger and Glen Beeson, pp. 15-19.
- "Discrimination, Productivity and Marriage" in Equal
Pay for Unequal Work ed. by Phyllis Schlafly, 1984, pp. 93-100.
- "Good Intentions - Bad Results: The Economy Pastoral and America's Disadvantaged"
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics
& Public Policy Vol. II, No. l (Spring, 1985), pp. 179-199.
- "Welfare, Family Cohesiveness, and Out-of-Wedlock Births," with Gregory
B. Christainsen in The Family and
the State ed. by Fred R. Glahe and Joseph R. Peden (California: Pacific
Research Institute for Public Policy, 1986), pp. 381-424.
- "Work, Wealth and Welfare" in Transaction/Society
January/February 1986, pp. 23-25.
- "Discrimination and Public Policy" in Selected
Affirmative Action Topics in Employment and Business Set-Asides Vol.
1 (Washington, D.C.: U. S. Commission on Civil Rights, 1985), pp. 9-19.
- "How Business Transcends Politics," Management
& Decision Economics Vol. 8, No. 1 (March, 1987), pp. 15-20.
- "The False Civil Rights Vision," Georgia
Law Review (Summer, 1987), pp. 1119-1139.
- "Cigarettes and Property Rights," in Clearing
the Air: Perspectives on Environmental Tobacco Smoke Chapter 5, ed.,
Robert Tollison, Massachusetts D. C. Heath & Company, 1988).
- "Enlightened Discrimination," Southern
African Freedom Review Vol. 3, No. 4 (February 1991), pp. 36-43.
- "False Civil Rights Vision and Contempt for Rule of Law," Georgetown
Law Review (1991), pp. 801-06.
- "Why Urban Problems Persist," Southern
California Law Review Vol. 66, No. 4 (May 1993) pp. 1665-1673.
- "Ethnic Minorities and Work," in Work
and Employment ed., David Marsland (Minnesota: Paragon House, 1994),
- "The Argument for Free Markets: Morality vs. Efficiency," The
Cato Journal (Fall, 1996), pp. 179-189.
- "The Economics of the Colour Bar," Journal
of Labor Research (Spring, 1997).
- "Affirmative Action Can't Be Mended," The
Cato Journal (Fall, 1997). Pp. 1-10.
- "Blackmail," The Encyclopedia of Public Choice, ed. Charles
K. Rowley & Friedrich Schneider (Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003),
- "Discrimination," The Encyclopedia of Public Choice, ed.
Charles K. Rowley & Friedrich Schneider (Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers,
2003), pp. 153-157.
- "Discrimination: The Law vs. Morality," Cornell Journal of
Law and Public Policy (Fall 2003) pp. 111-136. Also
available at: http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1015&context=expresso
Return to Top
Return to Publications Page