Subject: question to Caplan

From: [email-masked] (ASP-Disc)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 15:16:14 -0500

From: Ben Fischer <[email-masked]>

What is your philosophy of mind?  I'm guessing you deny that what we call 
"mind," or what you might call "free will," is a physical process in the 
brain, because then you'd have to hold that these physical processes 
don't submit to physical laws.  It sounds like your argue for some kind 
of interactionist dualism, that the mind exists outside of time and 
space, but exists in a two-way relationship (i.e., the mind effects the 
physical world and the physical world effects the mind) with temporal and 
spatial events.  I think a lot of confusions would be cleared up with 
your answer to this question.

*****************************************************************************
* Ben Fischer                                           617 1/2 Walnut Ave. *
* [email-masked]                              Syracuse, NY  13210 * 
*       Our main objective should be the stiffening and widening            *
*       of the penal net.                                                   *
*                       -criminal law text                                  *
*****************************************************************************